Monday, October 31, 2011

Pumpkin Cake

Okay, I'm not sure if this is cheating or not, but I'm going to blog about something my sister did.  She made delicious cupcakes and decorated them very beautifully! I helped if that counts as anything. I also had fun photographing them, here are a few pictures.




 Before she made them I brought her to a craft store and we bought a piping bag with a huge cupcake end,  and as you can tell she was very good at using it.... Although it was my idea to add the sprinkles!






Okay, now this technique is 100% my own design, it's called "I'm not very good at icing cupcakes, so here is my lame attempt."









 My sister did all three of these, she used some sort of colored powder you can get at cake decorating stores, and dusted it over them.






My mom came up with this one, isn't it perfect?







Now although I can't give you step by step instructions on how to make these, I can give you an excellent pumpkin cake recipe that you can make, so you can experiment with your own icing ideas.

Pumpkin Cake

1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Olive Oil
2 or 4 Eggs (whatever you feel like adding)
2 Cups of Pumpkin Cooked and Mashed
1 tsp. Salt
2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
2 tsp. Cinamon
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1tsp. Baking Soda
2 tsp. Vanilla

Mix in order given. Bake in a 9x13" pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes. Or bake in muffin pans and lower the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment