Monday, October 17, 2011

Mississippi Mud Cake


I'm not really one for pumpkin pie. Usually people say that's crazy, but really, who makes pie out of large round objects? Well this past thanksgiving mom was going to serve pumpkin pie to us and I asked if I could make dessert (wasn't that nice of me?). She is always happy to let me bake, so I made this delicious  Mississippi Mud Cake.


Mississippi Mud Cake

1 Cup Brown Sugar (I use sucanat)
1 3/4 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
5 Squares of Bakers Unsweetened Chocolate
1 Cup Strong Black Coffee (lukewarm)
3/4 Cup Sour Cream
1/4 Olive Oil

Topping:

2 Cups Miniature Marshmallows
1 Cup Chopped Nuts
Chocolate Sauce

Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Combine ingredients for the cake in a large mixing bowl and beat on high for 2 minutes. Pour batter into a greased 9" springform pan. Bake for about 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center. Sprinkle with marshmallows and nuts and bake 5 more minutes. remove from oven and cool a bit. drizzle with chocolate sauce and serve. Can be served warm or at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment