Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Taco Chip Dip

“Every life has dark tracts and long stretches of somber tint, and no representation is true to fact which dips its pencil only in light, and flings no shadows on the canvas.”

     -Alexander MacLaren

 

Dip your tongue in wisdom, then give counsel”

     -A Bulgarian Proverb


“Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures.”

     - Henry Ward Beecher


“A stale article, if you dip it in a good, warm, sunny smile, will go off better than a fresh one that you've scowled upon."

     -Nathaniel Hawthorn


"Dip you chip in this wonderful dip and it will make you smile"

     -Me (Jamie)


Okay, so I might not be able to come up with the most brilliant quote, but I can make this wonderful dip. And you know what? You can too! It's easy, it's delicious, it's addicting, and trust me, it will make you smile!

Taco Chip Dip

Layer One- 
1 Can of Re-Fried Beans (I used canned beans and just mush them up)

Layer Two-
1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
1 Pkg Taco Seasoning (I just add to taste)

Layer Three-

2 Small Avocados (Or 1 Large) Crushed

2 Tbsp Sour Cream

1 Tsp Lemon Juice

1/2 Tsp Tabasco Sauce (I don't put this in)

 

Layer Four-

Shredded Cheddar Cheese


Layer Five-

Chopped Tomatoes


Layer Six-

Chopped Green Onions


If you haven't figured it out already, all you do is make each layer, and carefully spread it over the layer before it. With layer one being on the bottom. This recipe is not very picky at all, in fact most of the time I don't even use measuring spoons/cups. If you want to add something you can, or if you don't like something leave it out. Once when I made the bean dip my mom came up to me after we had eaten it and asked if I had found any "more" sour cream. I was a little confused. When she explained that we didn't have any sour cream, I realized I had made the bean dip without any, and nobody (including me...oops) even noticed!

No comments:

Post a Comment