Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentines Day Cards


I've been making valentine cards these last few days and I wanted to share them with you.
Here they are:


  This one as you can see is not strictly a valentines card. I'm sure you could give it someone for almost any occasion. As you can see by the little ties on the sides, I made a sort of 'homemade eyelet'. They are really quite fun, and add a little more color than just a regular eyelet. What they are is simply two sizes of paper circles glued to each other with a little hole in the middle. Very easy, very fast, very fun.

It is hard to tell in the picture, but the "So Very" at the top, the strawberry, and the "Sweet" tag  are all sparkly. I like the way this card is so cheery, making it great to give to your friends.I will note, that I had to pay extra postage on this one, so keep that in mind if you decide to try making this one.

I think this one is my favorite. I just like the silver cord with the silver eyelets, they give this card a very clean look. The "Hugs and Kisses" is stamped in black on vellum (tracing paper works good too!) and placed over the red heart on white.

And of course, a very traditional red and pink valentine! Each horizontal row is one stamp. I used markers to color the stamp, rotating each row.

This valentine almost has a western twist to it. I think I had the most fun making this one being able to just grab a paper and crumpling it up as much as possible just brings so much satisfaction!



Here I used the same heart stamp that I used in the 4th one I posted. Just in case you were wondering, I use stampin' up supplies.  I don't think it's the only good brand out there, but it hasn't failed me so I have no reason to look elsewhere.  I'm hoping you all have a wonderful valentines tomorrow. God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment