Sunday, February 6, 2011

Accidental Hot Chocolate

Hmm... I'm not really sure what to call this drink. It was suppose to be called "Hot Chili Chocolate," but while my sister was distracting me I accidentally switched  the cayenne pepper to chili powder leaving it not a bit hot. I know your probably thinking it sounds gross, but the truth is we both both drank it without noticing (it was the first time we tried to make it) and were very disappointed when we made it the next day (with the cayenne) and it was too spicy. So here it is... I guess we can call it Accidental Hot Chocolate.

Accidental Hot Chocolate
2 Cups Milk
1/2 Tsp Vanilla
1/2 Tsp Chili Powder
2 Tbsp Dark Chocolate Chips (I add a few extra for good measure)

Heat milk over medium heat. Add vanilla, cinnamon and chili powder. Stir in dark chocolate chips until melted. Makes about 1 1/2 -2 mugs full, depending on size. I encourage you to try this recipe although it sounds weird, I can assure you, you will be delightfully surprised. As I noted above my sister and I love this, it has become part of our evening devotions together, a special thing we share.

1 comment: